Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 57

The last celebration of the "50 days" is taking place at home, on day 57, a week later than originally planned. Joern, Markos, Toni with Silvia, Eva, Jano, Angela with Massi, Abdul, Lucero with Jan, and Ana Maria with Giovanni and Luca bring the number of friends who helped celebrate to exactly 50 (not counting partners). We serve Raclette, as on day 1, and let the 1877 pictures and videos from the trip pass by on the wall. Reminiscences of various high- and lowlights of the trip sprinkle the evening, and I end up confessing that I feel more European than before. Why did we embark on this crazy itinerary at all? It's Carlos' fault, since he suggested that I visit my friends for my birthday, given that I cannot gather enough of them in one place. And then, of course, there is Wanderlust, or the Anatomy of Restlessness. Good to be back!

No comments: